Senior Acting Tutor
Arts1 is looking for a Senior Acting Tutor on an initial fixed term basis (full-time or part-time) to develop and lead the next generation of young actors and performers in Milton Keynes.
As part of our approach to delivering an original and creative acting curriculum, we are looking for somebody who has extensive background and experience in theatre practice, devising theatre and working with young people of all ages. The person suited to this role will be naturally playful and vibrant, with a vision to create and produce the very best from students in the classroom.
- Develop and deliver high-quality acting lessons and workshops that cater to students of varying skill levels and age groups.
- Teach a variety of acting techniques, with a particular focus on devising theatre and theatre practice.
- Direct students in plays, on-screen work and immersive experiences.
- Mentor and provide constructive feedback to students, helping them enhance their acting abilities and confidence.
- Collaborate with other performing arts instructors to create interdisciplinary learning experiences.
- Handle administrative tasks related to the acting program, such as student enrolment, class scheduling, and maintaining records of student progress.
- Help organise and deliver open days and workshops to prospective students looking to pursue a career in performing arts.
- BA (Hons) Degree or Formal Qualification in a performance related subject and/or have trained at a recognised conservatoire
- Previous experience in course leadership and/or devising curriculum for young performers.
- Experience of preparing students for conservatoire or drama school style auditions.
- Proven experience as an acting tutor or theatre instructor, with a minimum of 4 years teaching experience.
- Demonstrated success in the acting industry, particularly within creative theatre practice
- Deep knowledge of acting techniques, theatre history, and performance analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with students and foster a positive learning environment.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and nurture students’ creative growth.
This person must be willing to undergo a Fully Enhanced DBS check prior to teaching, and provide 2 professional references on request.
Closing Date: 15 August 2023
Start Date: 1 September 2023
We are no longer accepting candidates for this job
The Box Studios, Sunrise Parkway, Linford Wood, MK14 6LS